This year will be a busy year for the insurance industry as it makes sure it is fully compliant with Solvency II regulations by January 2016 - and for some insurers it will be a case of deciding whether to withdraw from an entire class of business or a territory.
Insurers will be required to revise the modelling that they have in place for their capital requirements, and as a result they may find that the reserves they have to put aside for certain business classes is so significant that it is
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- In-depth - SMEs: Adding value
- Markerstudy and Co-op silent on deal progress
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?