In short, the regulator found there were inherent conflicts and that they were not being managed properly.
In a string of findings the FCA said that firms undertaking multiple roles had increased risks of conflict, that disclosing a conflict to a customer was not enough of a solution and that having controls in place would be a better option.
Information given to customers was often seen as too generic, add-ons came under the spotlight again and the watchdog also stated that not managing conflic
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley