In short, the regulator found there were inherent conflicts and that they were not being managed properly.
In a string of findings the FCA said that firms undertaking multiple roles had increased risks of conflict, that disclosing a conflict to a customer was not enough of a solution and that having controls in place would be a better option.
Information given to customers was often seen as too generic, add-ons came under the spotlight again and the watchdog also stated that not managing conflic
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover