The £8m increase is across the pool so different brokers will see different rises.
But it comes after years of increases. For instance back in 2011 the Institute of Insurance Brokers pointed out that some brokers had seen a 900% increase in their fees since 2008.
The fees have gone up further over the following years.
Last year the FSCS hit brokers with an interim levy of £16m. At the time Steve White told Insurance Age that "it's an escalating problem" and that the trade body was
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- In-depth - SMEs: Adding value
- Markerstudy and Co-op silent on deal progress
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?