The £8m increase is across the pool so different brokers will see different rises.
But it comes after years of increases. For instance back in 2011 the Institute of Insurance Brokers pointed out that some brokers had seen a 900% increase in their fees since 2008.
The fees have gone up further over the following years.
Last year the FSCS hit brokers with an interim levy of £16m. At the time Steve White told Insurance Age that "it's an escalating problem" and that the trade body was lo
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups