The £8m increase is across the pool so different brokers will see different rises.
But it comes after years of increases. For instance back in 2011 the Institute of Insurance Brokers pointed out that some brokers had seen a 900% increase in their fees since 2008.
The fees have gone up further over the following years.
Last year the FSCS hit brokers with an interim levy of £16m. At the time Steve White told Insurance Age that "it's an escalating problem" and that the trade body was lo
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product