Imagine the scene, it is the House of Commons in 2015. New MP, Polly Tician, jumps to her feet and begins her maiden speech.
"Ladies and gentlemen," she declares. "The economy is moribund, banks are not lending and SMEs are struggling. And during all this the Government has done nothing, nothing to remove a major compulsory cost that they could cut at a stroke.
"What am I talking about? Our struggling businesses are compelled by law to buy insurance. This is only right and proper. But did you kn
- CMA to investigate aggregator over “strong concerns” on insurer relationships
- Swinton targets becoming largest digital broker in the UK
- Former Aviva CEO Patrick Snowball joins Sabre board
- NIG adds Farm Combined to FarmWeb e-trade platform
- PIB buys specialist charity MGA aQmen Holdings
- Optimism among brokers falls slightly
- Innovation brings its own rewards