The government’s response to the prospect of a strike by petrol tanker delivery drivers was a case in point. Conspiracy theorists have posited that it was an attempt to divert attention away from pastygate and to create a distraction from the fallout of the Budget famous now for the grannytax and the 5p cut in the highest income tax rate.
Others have claimed it was really about positioning the country to be more “resilient” should the strike ever occur.
According to the papers, what Prime
- Ed appoints broking CEO
- Stackhouse Poland buys Property Insurance Initiatives
- Call for evidence on discount rate setting welcomed
- Gallagher buys Pavey Group
- Gauntlet opens southern hub
- Opinion: Peter Cullum on the value of consolidation
- Broking success: Toby Clegg, chief executive officer, Clegg Gifford