The government’s response to the prospect of a strike by petrol tanker delivery drivers was a case in point. Conspiracy theorists have posited that it was an attempt to divert attention away from pastygate and to create a distraction from the fallout of the Budget famous now for the grannytax and the 5p cut in the highest income tax rate.
Others have claimed it was really about positioning the country to be more “resilient” should the strike ever occur.
According to the papers, what Prime Minist
- CMA to investigate aggregator over “strong concerns” on insurer relationships
- Swinton targets becoming largest digital broker in the UK
- Former Aviva CEO Patrick Snowball joins Sabre board
- PIB buys specialist charity MGA aQmen Holdings
- NIG adds Farm Combined to FarmWeb e-trade platform
- Optimism among brokers falls slightly
- Innovation brings its own rewards