According to the Average Premium Index, premiums have mainly been falling with only a few small spikes upward. While the graph makes the changes in premium look quite dramatic, the movements are actually relatively small if you take a closer look at the pound value of the premiums that sit behind the percentages.
(Click here to enlarge)
All the autumn months of last year, from September to November, experienced falls in premium compared to the year before, with October seeing the biggest drop.
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Investors value Ardonagh at £1.9bn
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey