According to the Average Premium Index, premiums have mainly been falling with only a few small spikes upward. While the graph makes the changes in premium look quite dramatic, the movements are actually relatively small if you take a closer look at the pound value of the premiums that sit behind the percentages.
(Click here to enlarge)
All the autumn months of last year, from September to November, experienced falls in premium compared to the year before, with October seeing the biggest drop.
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Sure Thing! to be rebranded following sale to Policy Expert
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand