According to the Average Premium Index, premiums have mainly been falling with only a few small spikes upward. While the graph makes the changes in premium look quite dramatic, the movements are actually relatively small if you take a closer look at the pound value of the premiums that sit behind the percentages.
(Click here to enlarge)
All the autumn months of last year, from September to November, experienced falls in premium compared to the year before, with October seeing the biggest drop.
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall