Average premiums in commercial combined, commercial vehicle, packages, property owners and combined liability all declined in the third quarter compared to the same period of 2014.
And worse still is the fact that the overall basket of risks, as measured by the Acturis commercial broking index, reported the biggest year-on-year fall since it was created.
Explaining the figures
The Acturis commercial broking index consists of quarterly figures calculated on a base line of the first quarter of
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Investors value Ardonagh at £1.9bn
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey