Average premiums in commercial combined, commercial vehicle, packages, property owners and combined liability all declined in the third quarter compared to the same period of 2014.
And worse still is the fact that the overall basket of risks, as measured by the Acturis commercial broking index, reported the biggest year-on-year fall since it was created.
Explaining the figures
The Acturis commercial broking index consists of quarterly figures calculated on a base line of the first quarter of
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners