Small to medium-sized enterprises (SME) account for the overwhelming majority of UK businesses - 99.9% to be exact - an impressive statistic seeing as the term didn't even exist until around 20 years ago.
Regardless of how this sector is defined, brokers have always been aware that small, local businesses are their bread and butter and have treated them as such - maintaining and nurturing relationships with firms that have often spanned generations.
While insurers may argue that SMEs have always
- Brexit deal does not work for brokers, says Biba
- Aviva writing to customers after renewal transparency failing
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- Manchester critical of Simply Business’ cyber stance
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Markerstudy and Co-op silent on deal progress