Small to medium-sized enterprises (SME) account for the overwhelming majority of UK businesses - 99.9% to be exact - an impressive statistic seeing as the term didn't even exist until around 20 years ago.
Regardless of how this sector is defined, brokers have always been aware that small, local businesses are their bread and butter and have treated them as such - maintaining and nurturing relationships with firms that have often spanned generations.
While insurers may argue that SMEs have always
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April