Small to medium-sized enterprises (SME) account for the overwhelming majority of UK businesses - 99.9% to be exact - an impressive statistic seeing as the term didn't even exist until around 20 years ago.
Regardless of how this sector is defined, brokers have always been aware that small, local businesses are their bread and butter and have treated them as such - maintaining and nurturing relationships with firms that have often spanned generations.
While insurers may argue that SMEs have always
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Broking Break - Your Top Five
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- Blog: Allianz and LV deal further proof that SME commercial is a tough nut to crack