One of the less appreciated risks in our brave new regulated world is that of 'regulation creep' as insurance is affected by activities elsewhere.
Following the banking crisis, the Financial Services Authority (FSA) was stung by criticism of how it regulated the financial markets, in particular the principles-based approach.
Hector Sants, chief executive of the FSA, sounded the death knell in a recent speech. He claimed the approach had been misunderstood, that the policy-making framework made
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- In-depth - SMEs: Adding value
- Markerstudy and Co-op silent on deal progress
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?