For both established insurance brokers and their newly-born start-up competitors, one of the biggest business decisions to take is whether to belong to a network or work on a wholly independent basis.
For those prepared to throw in their lot with a network, the option of which one to choose has become increasingly difficult over the years. The variety on offer has grown and the business models have fractured (see box).
Initially, the idea behind networks was to help brokers get together and alle
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel
- Is the talent pool drying up?