Taxi specialist broker Cover My Cab, a trading name of J&M Insurance Services, is offering to arrange new Gefion Insurance policies for clients following the collapse of unrated Alpha Insurance.
Alpha policyholders were left without insurance when the Danish firm went bankrupt on 8 May.
Taxi drivers were particularly hard hit.
According to Cover My Cab, which has been involved in insurance for 37 years, by 15 May it had received over 20,000 calls in what it has termed an “extraordinarily
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- Market moves: Change is in the air
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years