The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has, in recent months, issued a steady stream of warnings about fraudsters targeting the insurance sector by setting up cloned firms.
Broker Protect Your Bubble was cloned in February and Ellis David Insurance Brokers was targeted last October.
And in July 2018 Insurance Age got a Facebook page set-up by fraudsters impersonating Car Insurance 4 U removed, the page had been active for about two months.
In July this year, the regulator warned of fraudsters
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020
- Ten takes small profit hit due to software house move