Profits have fallen at Thomas Carroll Group despite an increase in turnover, results for 2018 show.
According to a document filed on Companies House, the firm’s turnover rose from £10.1m in 2017 to £10.4m in 2018.
Turnover increased across all three classes of business at Thomas Carroll: broking, financial advisors, and health and safety. Broking made up £8.1m (78%) of the 2018 total.
However, profits went in the opposite direction. Profit before tax fell from £1.6m in 2017 to £1.3m in 2018.
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?