Almost three-quarters (71%) of brokers are unaware of technological developments in construction, HSB Engineering Insurance has discovered.
The provider stated that the finding is at odds with the importance of the industry to brokers. Construction policies are offered by 76% of brokers, and the sector makes up 16% of their portfolios on average.
John Nicholls, construction product leader at HSB, said: “It’s clear that in order to provide the most appropriate insurance, brokers and insurers
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- GRP buys risk management firm H&S Click