Almost three-quarters (71%) of brokers are unaware of technological developments in construction, HSB Engineering Insurance has discovered.
The provider stated that the finding is at odds with the importance of the industry to brokers. Construction policies are offered by 76% of brokers, and the sector makes up 16% of their portfolios on average.
John Nicholls, construction product leader at HSB, said: “It’s clear that in order to provide the most appropriate insurance, brokers and insurers
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- Market moves: Change is in the air
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years