Lloyd’s has found itself at the centre of fresh sexism and sexual harassment allegations as a former worker in the market published an opinion piece revealing how she was told to wear heels and make-up and advised to expect and accept sexist jokes.
The Evening Standard published a blog written by former Lloyd’s underwriter, Sophie Jarvis, who mentioned being taken aside and told that she had wear heels, a dress and a lot of make-up in order to succeed in the market.
Claims further included
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- Market moves: Change is in the air
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years