Cavendish Munro has bought Eastbourne-based Professional Insurance Agents (PIA) for an undisclosed sum.
Cavendish Munro was itself purchased by Global Risk Partners (GRP) in 2016. It is the first acquisition for the business since joining the GRP stable.
PIA staff including current CEO, Graham Hearsey, and other directors, Karler Mears and Lynn Hearsey who founded the business over 20 years ago, will retire from PIA once the deal is completed. Fellow directors Ellie Hearsey and
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product