Insurers are positive about the British Insurance Brokers’ Association’s (Biba) standardised terms of business agreement (Toba) despite slow take-up, according to Biba chief executive Steve White.
Biba launched its standardised Toba template in July last year, stating that using it would save up to 80 hours of work as well as reducing bureaucracy and broker queries, lowering costs, making disputes less frequent and increasing productivity.
Brokers welcomed the move, noting it would reduce the
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns