Insurers are positive about the British Insurance Brokers’ Association’s (Biba) standardised terms of business agreement (Toba) despite slow take-up, according to Biba chief executive Steve White.
Biba launched its standardised Toba template in July last year, stating that using it would save up to 80 hours of work as well as reducing bureaucracy and broker queries, lowering costs, making disputes less frequent and increasing productivity.
Brokers welcomed the move, noting it would reduce the
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Ardonagh losses decrease for Q1