Brokers had mixed reactions to the news that Anthony Gruppo is replacing Phil Barton as CEO of Jelf.
Gruppo, who is coming over to the UK from Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) in the United States, will take on the role in May.
Market experts were unsurprised at Barton’s exit in late March, with former Jelf boss Alex Alway, who is now chairman of Broker Network and Compass, stating that it was “inevitable” that Marsh would want someone from within the Marsh business to run Jelf.
Barton was CEO
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Blog: The DNA of brokers is changing