Brokers had mixed reactions to the news that Anthony Gruppo is replacing Phil Barton as CEO of Jelf.
Gruppo, who is coming over to the UK from Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) in the United States, will take on the role in May.
Market experts were unsurprised at Barton’s exit in late March, with former Jelf boss Alex Alway, who is now chairman of Broker Network and Compass, stating that it was “inevitable” that Marsh would want someone from within the Marsh business to run Jelf.
Barton was CEO
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Andy Briggs to leave Aviva
- Qudos replacement policies reignite unrated debate
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Experts predict further changes at Aviva following Briggs' exit
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm