Brokers had mixed reactions to the news that Anthony Gruppo is replacing Phil Barton as CEO of Jelf.
Gruppo, who is coming over to the UK from Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) in the United States, will take on the role in May.
Market experts were unsurprised at Barton’s exit in late March, with former Jelf boss Alex Alway, who is now chairman of Broker Network and Compass, stating that it was “inevitable” that Marsh would want someone from within the Marsh business to run Jelf.
Barton was CEO
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- FCA issues fresh clone broker warning