Gallagher has announced John Thompson as chief executive officer of the UK’s specialty London market and wholesale businesses, having held the position on an interim basis since September 2018.
He filled the position vacated by Simon Matson following Matson’s replacement of Grahame Chilton as head of Gallagher’s UK-based brokerage and underwriting division.
According to a statement from Gallagher, Thompson joined the business in 2014 as managing partner for construction. Since then, the
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Mactavish criticises industry for "knee-jerk reaction" in hardening market
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Acquis backers Dunedin to pursue more insurance deals