Gallagher has announced John Thompson as chief executive officer of the UK’s specialty London market and wholesale businesses, having held the position on an interim basis since September 2018.
He filled the position vacated by Simon Matson following Matson’s replacement of Grahame Chilton as head of Gallagher’s UK-based brokerage and underwriting division.
According to a statement from Gallagher, Thompson joined the business in 2014 as managing partner for construction. Since then, the
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- In Person: Simon Cooter and Carolyn Callan, Covéa
- BGL launches new short-term motor insurance brand