A cursory look at the trade press over the last six months indicates that the managing general agent (MGA) sector has been positively hyperactive of late. New MGAs are launching, consolidation is gathering pace, capacity and distribution deals are regularly announced and, unfortunately, some MGAs are going to the wall. All of which points to a sector going through a transformative process of sorts.
And despite the troubles that have intermittently plagued the sector, there is a sense that the
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- US-firm AssuredPartners buys Hettle Andrews