A cursory look at the trade press over the last six months indicates that the managing general agent (MGA) sector has been positively hyperactive of late. New MGAs are launching, consolidation is gathering pace, capacity and distribution deals are regularly announced and, unfortunately, some MGAs are going to the wall. All of which points to a sector going through a transformative process of sorts.
And despite the troubles that have intermittently plagued the sector, there is a sense that the
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Aston Lark on cusp of £320m Goldman Sachs investment