A study by Premium Credit has found that among SMEs 42% plan to borrow more this year to fund their insurance while just 4% intend to use less.
Nearly half (47%) of SMEs stated that they are using increased amounts of credit to buy insurance due to rising premiums.
According to the report 50% of the SMEs involved plan to borrow £4,000 or more to fund their cover(s) this year.
The survey suggests that up to 18,000 SME owners who used credit in 2018 to fund insurance are still paying off the
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Aston Lark on cusp of £320m Goldman Sachs investment