A study by Premium Credit has found that among SMEs 42% plan to borrow more this year to fund their insurance while just 4% intend to use less.
Nearly half (47%) of SMEs stated that they are using increased amounts of credit to buy insurance due to rising premiums.
According to the report 50% of the SMEs involved plan to borrow £4,000 or more to fund their cover(s) this year.
The survey suggests that up to 18,000 SME owners who used credit in 2018 to fund insurance are still paying off the
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020
- Uber boss joins Inshur following partnership deal