The EY Brexit Tracker has found that 23 financial services firms – eight of which are insurers – have announced transfer of assets to EU countries due to Brexit.
The Tracker estimated that this amounts to £1trn worth of business.
Not all firms have publicly declared the value of the assets being transferred, but EY stated that the Brexit Tracker has followed public announcements worth around £1trn, up from £800bn last quarter.
The number of jobs across financial services that could
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- US-firm AssuredPartners buys Hettle Andrews