During the proceedings Matson faced a heavy line of questioning over the senior culture at the broker, by the barrister for Bishopsgate, David Craig QC.
Matson expressed regret over referring to defendant Nawaf Hasan as a “complicated fat Arab” during a 5 July 2017 Whatsapp exchange with Alesco chief operating officer, Gary Lashmar. At the time, Matson was CEO of Alesco.
To Matson’s message, Lashmar responded: “And a very greedy one”
Matson added he would like to “lose all of him [Hasan] but
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester