During the proceedings Matson faced a heavy line of questioning over the senior culture at the broker, by the barrister for Bishopsgate, David Craig QC.
Matson expressed regret over referring to defendant Nawaf Hasan as a “complicated fat Arab” during a 5 July 2017 Whatsapp exchange with Alesco chief operating officer, Gary Lashmar. At the time, Matson was CEO of Alesco.
To Matson’s message, Lashmar responded: “And a very greedy one”
Matson added he would like to “lose all of him [Hasan] but
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- GRP buys risk management firm H&S Click