A report has exposed the UK insurance sector for failings in short term property insurance.
This type of insurance is needed for customers who let their properties for a short time using platforms such as AirBnb as part of the sharing economy.
The report – Insurance in the sharing economy – 2019 property focus – was published by sharing economy specialist Pikl.
Pikl is the new brand name for Inlet, which was launched just over two years ago, and the launch of the report coincides with
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Allianz appoints branch leaders
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m