Aon is no longer pursuing a deal with Willis Towers Watson.
After a day of fevered speculation (5 March) a regulatory filing, which confirmed the two brokers were in talks, was published late last night.
However, this morning (6 March), Aon has signalled its intention to walk away in a public statement.
The statement revealed that the brokers were forced to disclose the talks at a very early stage due to Willis Towers Watson being an Irish firm and its regulatory requirements.
- Mactavish lays down the gauntlet on cyber
- Ageas redundancies confirmed
- Simon Matson says ‘complicated fat Arab’ slur regrettable but not discriminatory: Gallagher v Ardonagh
- Discount rate review set to begin
- Industry responds to reports of sexual harassment in Lloyd's
- EY report reveals £1 trillion Brexit exodus
- FSCS recovers £300m for levy payers