Aon is no longer pursuing a deal with Willis Towers Watson.
After a day of fevered speculation (5 March) a regulatory filing, which confirmed the two brokers were in talks, was published late last night.
However, this morning (6 March), Aon has signalled its intention to walk away in a public statement.
The statement revealed that the brokers were forced to disclose the talks at a very early stage due to Willis Towers Watson being an Irish firm and its regulatory requirements.
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- GRP buys risk management firm H&S Click