Aon is no longer pursuing a deal with Willis Towers Watson.
After a day of fevered speculation (5 March) a regulatory filing, which confirmed the two brokers were in talks, was published late last night.
However, this morning (6 March), Aon has signalled its intention to walk away in a public statement.
The statement revealed that the brokers were forced to disclose the talks at a very early stage due to Willis Towers Watson being an Irish firm and its regulatory requirements.
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester