Optis Insurance, an MGA based in Ireland which focuses on the Irish SME sector, has been acquired for an undisclosed sum by PIB Group.
It is PIB’s 19th deal and, according to the broker, forms part of its European growth plans.
The move follows Aston Lark also moving into the Irish market following its acquisition of Robertson Low.
Brendan McManus, CEO of PIB, commented: “I’m delighted that Optis are joining PIB for this important milestone. Optis has experienced excellent growth over recent
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- NED salaries in the insurance sector revealed
- Mactavish criticises industry for "knee-jerk reaction" in hardening market
- FSCS agrees Alpha replacement cover deal
- ABI bites back on discount rate
- Brokers must transform to evade threat of AI - report
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns