Non-damage business interruption is now covered by Pool Re following the Royal Assent of the bill which allows it to cover losses incurred if a business cannot trade or is prevented from accessing its premises in the wake of a terrorist attack.
Before the law was changed, Pool Re could only reinsure losses incurred if a company’s premises had been physically damaged by terrorists.
Both the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) and the Association of British Insurers (ABI) welcomed the
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic