Non-damage business interruption is now covered by Pool Re following the Royal Assent of the bill which allows it to cover losses incurred if a business cannot trade or is prevented from accessing its premises in the wake of a terrorist attack.
Before the law was changed, Pool Re could only reinsure losses incurred if a company’s premises had been physically damaged by terrorists.
Both the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) and the Association of British Insurers (ABI) welcomed the
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change