The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) has called on brokers to keep planning for sizeable levy charges from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).
The FSCS confirmed last week that it would be hitting brokers with a £16m extra levy this year, bills are likely to arrive this month.
The £16m comes on top of the original £18m cost for 2018/19. It could however have been worse for brokers – the FSCS still had £8m available and set this off against the £24m it said it needed
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Allianz appoints branch leaders
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m