The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) has called on brokers to keep planning for sizeable levy charges from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).
The FSCS confirmed last week that it would be hitting brokers with a £16m extra levy this year, bills are likely to arrive this month.
The £16m comes on top of the original £18m cost for 2018/19. It could however have been worse for brokers – the FSCS still had £8m available and set this off against the £24m it said it needed
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK