The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) has called on brokers to keep planning for sizeable levy charges from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).
The FSCS confirmed last week that it would be hitting brokers with a £16m extra levy this year, bills are likely to arrive this month.
The £16m comes on top of the original £18m cost for 2018/19. It could however have been worse for brokers – the FSCS still had £8m available and set this off against the £24m it said it needed
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- IFB launches counter fraud database
- Motor market records best year since 1985 ahead of troubled future, says EY
- Momentum Broker Solutions unveils 2018 results
- Broker Network owner set to make more deals with fresh funding
- Brokers call on HMRC to reform IPT
- Two TMK executives resign amid fresh sexual harassment claims at Lloyd's