The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) has warned that an extra Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) levy bill will be dropping through brokers’ letterboxes in early February.
The trade body underlined that the supplementary levy will be in addition to the annual FSCS levy.
Biba stated the call for cash was a result of the FSCS life and pensions sub-class breaching its limit.
Brokers have faced interim levies in the past but CEO Steve White highlighted this was the
- PIB seeking to raise £100m - £200m to fund growth
- Nick Milton to develop Pen Underwriting’s broker strategy replacing Simon Taylor
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings
- Wonga's Tara Waite (formerly Kneafsey) returns to insurance with Ageas role
- Arch buys Obelisk Underwriting
- FCA warns brokers to be ready for SM&CR
- Tokio Marine Kiln’s Blundell joins Biba