The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) has warned that an extra Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) levy bill will be dropping through brokers’ letterboxes in early February.
The trade body underlined that the supplementary levy will be in addition to the annual FSCS levy.
Biba stated the call for cash was a result of the FSCS life and pensions sub-class breaching its limit.
Brokers have faced interim levies in the past but CEO Steve White highlighted this was the
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- IFB launches counter fraud database
- Motor market records best year since 1985 ahead of troubled future, says EY
- Momentum Broker Solutions unveils 2018 results
- Broker Network owner set to make more deals with fresh funding
- Brokers call on HMRC to reform IPT
- Two TMK executives resign amid fresh sexual harassment claims at Lloyd's