The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) has warned that an extra Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) levy bill will be dropping through brokers’ letterboxes in early February.
The trade body underlined that the supplementary levy will be in addition to the annual FSCS levy.
Biba stated the call for cash was a result of the FSCS life and pensions sub-class breaching its limit.
Brokers have faced interim levies in the past but CEO Steve White highlighted this was the
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Sure Thing! to be rebranded following sale to Policy Expert
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand