Jelf and personal lines specialist A-Plan have entered a strategic relationship which sees the majority of Jelf’s personal lines business move to the community provider, Insurance Age can reveal.
The business transfer, which does not include Jelf’s private client business, took place on 1 October 2018 but Phil Barton, Jelf CEO and Carl Shuker, A-Plan CEO are only discussing the move now.
The project, which Barton and Shuker described as a “long term distribution agreement” has seen a number of
- Markerstudy buys Co-op underwriting in £185m deal
- Markerstudy to use Co-op’s brand after deal
- Aston Lark buys Irish broker Robertson Low
- Mark Cliff joins Be Wiser as NED
- Ageas consults on closure of Stoke and Port Solent operations
- Axa UK hires Shali Vasudeva as COO from Hiscox
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich partners with travel start-up Pluto