Jelf and personal lines specialist A-Plan have entered a strategic relationship which sees the majority of Jelf’s personal lines business move to the community provider, Insurance Age can reveal.
The business transfer, which does not include Jelf’s private client business, took place on 1 October 2018 but Phil Barton, Jelf CEO and Carl Shuker, A-Plan CEO are only discussing the move now.
The project, which Barton and Shuker described as a “long term distribution agreement” has seen a number of
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- First Central Insurance & Technology takes CEO from Hastings