Paisley-based Boyd & Company has bought fellow Scottish broker Glenavon Insurance.
It is the second deal for the firm since Broker Network paid £11m for the business in May 2011. It snapped up Insureness in Musselburgh near Edinburgh this May.
Glenavon Insurance was formed in 2009 in Edinburgh and focuses on commercial and personal lines business within the SME sector.
The team of seven manage almost £3m of gross written premium (GWP) and Broker Network confirmed that Glenavon’s offices will
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change