Paisley-based Boyd & Company has bought fellow Scottish broker Glenavon Insurance.
It is the second deal for the firm since Broker Network paid £11m for the business in May 2011. It snapped up Insureness in Musselburgh near Edinburgh this May.
Glenavon Insurance was formed in 2009 in Edinburgh and focuses on commercial and personal lines business within the SME sector.
The team of seven manage almost £3m of gross written premium (GWP) and Broker Network confirmed that Glenavon’s offices will
- Markerstudy buys Co-op underwriting in £185m deal
- Markerstudy to use Co-op’s brand after deal
- Aston Lark buys Irish broker Robertson Low
- Mark Cliff joins Be Wiser as NED
- Ageas consults on closure of Stoke and Port Solent operations
- Axa UK hires Shali Vasudeva as COO from Hiscox
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich partners with travel start-up Pluto