Paisley-based Boyd & Company has bought fellow Scottish broker Glenavon Insurance.
It is the second deal for the firm since Broker Network paid £11m for the business in May 2011. It snapped up Insureness in Musselburgh near Edinburgh this May.
Glenavon Insurance was formed in 2009 in Edinburgh and focuses on commercial and personal lines business within the SME sector.
The team of seven manage almost £3m of gross written premium (GWP) and Broker Network confirmed that Glenavon’s offices will
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Marsh-parent raises $250m of fresh debt
- Legal & General unveils tech solution for brokers