2019 promises to be a time of maximum uncertainty for the UK, as it attempts to find a direction post-Brexit.
There is a good chance of a recession, but we may well see a repeat of the 2009/10 post-crash economy where hundreds of thousands of people started their own businesses.
Next year will be tougher for smaller brokers. They will be faced with higher costs of customer acquisition and servicing, and it will become more difficult to secure capacity.
The shift towards
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders