2019 promises to be a time of maximum uncertainty for the UK, as it attempts to find a direction post-Brexit.
There is a good chance of a recession, but we may well see a repeat of the 2009/10 post-crash economy where hundreds of thousands of people started their own businesses.
Next year will be tougher for smaller brokers. They will be faced with higher costs of customer acquisition and servicing, and it will become more difficult to secure capacity.
The shift towards
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Blog: The DNA of brokers is changing