The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) now regulates more than 58,000 firms, according to its latest authorisation document.
The total includes 1,500 businesses such as insurers and banks that are dual-regulated with the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA).
And the latest document revealed that in 2017/18 the watchdog judged more than 4,400 authorisation applications from firms.
In total only 11 were refused (see graph below).
Between December 2017 and March 2018 the regulator
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders