The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) now regulates more than 58,000 firms, according to its latest authorisation document.
The total includes 1,500 businesses such as insurers and banks that are dual-regulated with the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA).
And the latest document revealed that in 2017/18 the watchdog judged more than 4,400 authorisation applications from firms.
In total only 11 were refused (see graph below).
Between December 2017 and March 2018 the regulator
- Andy Fairchild exits Broker Network
- Ed appoints broking CEO
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- Stackhouse Poland buys Property Insurance Initiatives
- Broking success: Toby Clegg, chief executive officer, Clegg Gifford
- Call for evidence on discount rate setting welcomed