AmTrust’s UK liability exit could be the “tip of the iceberg” in terms of providers losing their appetite for some business lines, brokers have warned.
Insurers are also expected to hike UK liability premiums by 10%-15% following the move.
Insurance Age revealed last week (28 November) that AmTrust was to cease operations in UK liability with the book set to go into run-off in January 2019.
Dave Mackie, North West regional manager at PIB, said: “AmTrust supports many other insurers or facilities
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Allianz appoints branch leaders
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Broker Expo 2019: Q&A with Aviva's Dave Carey