AmTrust’s UK liability exit could be the “tip of the iceberg” in terms of providers losing their appetite for some business lines, brokers have warned.
Insurers are also expected to hike UK liability premiums by 10%-15% following the move.
Insurance Age revealed last week (28 November) that AmTrust was to cease operations in UK liability with the book set to go into run-off in January 2019.
Dave Mackie, North West regional manager at PIB, said: “AmTrust supports many other insurers or facilities
- Andy Fairchild exits Broker Network
- Ed appoints broking CEO
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- Stackhouse Poland buys Property Insurance Initiatives
- Broking success: Toby Clegg, chief executive officer, Clegg Gifford
- Call for evidence on discount rate setting welcomed