AmTrust’s UK liability exit could be the “tip of the iceberg” in terms of providers losing their appetite for some business lines, brokers have warned.
Insurers are also expected to hike UK liability premiums by 10%-15% following the move.
Insurance Age revealed last week (28 November) that AmTrust was to cease operations in UK liability with the book set to go into run-off in January 2019.
Dave Mackie, North West regional manager at PIB, said: “AmTrust supports many other insurers or facilities
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Market moves: Across the board
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK