One in three 18-24 year olds have seen a suspicious looking advert for car insurance on social media, an Insurance Fraud Bureau (IFB) survey conducted by YouGov has revealed.
The IFB noted that while young people are more susceptible, all age groups are affected with one in five people overall having seen a suspicious advert.
Despite this, two thirds of people surveyed admitted they wouldn’t even check if their seller had a website before buying car insurance.
Chris Monk, head of
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Hobbs reveals Allianz’s £35m debut at Lloyd’s
- UK Broker Awards: Winners revealed
- Samways retires after decade at Miles Smith
- Clear set to make more deals this year
- Clive Edwards becomes CEO of Aspen Insurance UK
- Tokio Marine Kiln restructures management
- FSCS pays out to Lamp GAP and health customers