One in three 18-24 year olds have seen a suspicious looking advert for car insurance on social media, an Insurance Fraud Bureau (IFB) survey conducted by YouGov has revealed.
The IFB noted that while young people are more susceptible, all age groups are affected with one in five people overall having seen a suspicious advert.
Despite this, two thirds of people surveyed admitted they wouldn’t even check if their seller had a website before buying car insurance.
Chris Monk, head of
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?