▶ What’s the background to Anthony Jones?
Terry: The business was incorporated in 1983. I was involved at that stage, I’ve been with them since 1982. The company was owned by Colin Fellows and he moved on and became MD of a broker called Richards Longstaff. The shares were then purchased by my then partner, David Blackmore, and I in 1985. I’ve been a director ever since.
When David retired 11 years ago I bought his shares. There is another minor shareholder but I have the controlling interest.
- Aviva grows mid-market appetite
- MRIB buys Independents
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- Unauthorised broker targets customers on Instagram
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- NMU in specialist line-led restructure