▶ What’s the background to Anthony Jones?
Terry: The business was incorporated in 1983. I was involved at that stage, I’ve been with them since 1982. The company was owned by Colin Fellows and he moved on and became MD of a broker called Richards Longstaff. The shares were then purchased by my then partner, David Blackmore, and I in 1985. I’ve been a director ever since.
When David retired 11 years ago I bought his shares. There is another minor shareholder but I have the controlling interest.
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Touchstone recruits four business development managers in regional broker drive
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman