The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has revealed that complaints recorded by firms reached a record 4.13 million in the first half of 2018.
This is an increase of 10% compared with the previous six-month period, when 3.76 million complaints about financial services products were received.
According to the regulator, complaints have been on the rise for four successive half years.
Payment protection insurance (PPI) has continued to be the most complained about product, accounting for 42%
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- GRP buys risk management firm H&S Click