With the FCA examining corporate governance standards across the City, now is the time for brokers to assess whether their independent non-executive director (iNED) is truly representing the interests of all stakeholders
Make no mistake, the City watchdog is stepping up its focus on the governance standards as demonstrated by the fact that, as of August, it had opened 61 cases related to corporate governance since 1 April, compared with just 15 in the same period a year earlier.
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- US-firm AssuredPartners buys Hettle Andrews