The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has warned the public about dealing with Unicominsurance.net as a cloned firm.
It highlighted on 16 October that the business was not authorised or registered but had been targeting people in the UK.
The regulator noted that a standard tactic was to use the name of a genuine firm and mix in false details.
The website appears to have been taken down.
String of warnings
The FCA stressed that the clone had no association with motor trade specialist Unicom
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Investors value Ardonagh at £1.9bn
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff