The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has warned the public about dealing with Unicominsurance.net as a cloned firm.
It highlighted on 16 October that the business was not authorised or registered but had been targeting people in the UK.
The regulator noted that a standard tactic was to use the name of a genuine firm and mix in false details.
The website appears to have been taken down.
String of warnings
The FCA stressed that the clone had no association with motor trade specialist Unicom
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change