The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has warned the public about dealing with Unicominsurance.net as a cloned firm.
It highlighted on 16 October that the business was not authorised or registered but had been targeting people in the UK.
The regulator noted that a standard tactic was to use the name of a genuine firm and mix in false details.
The website appears to have been taken down.
String of warnings
The FCA stressed that the clone had no association with motor trade specialist Unicom
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders