Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) has agreed to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group (JLT) for $5.6bn (£4.3bn) in cash.
The deal will be funded by MMC’s existing cash and debt financing.
The takeover has been approved by the board of directors for both businesses.
MMC confirmed that the acquisition will go through a scheme of arrangement in the UK courts and is expected to close in spring 2019.
It will need regulatory and shareholder approval however the holders of some 40.5% of JLT’s equity have
- Industry responds to reports of sexual harassment in Lloyd's
- FCA urges firms to apply for TPR and FSCR ahead of Brexit
- Ageas teams up with Darwin Clayton in £45m deal
- Marsh-parent raises $250m of fresh debt
- Simon Matson says ‘complicated fat Arab’ slur regrettable but not discriminatory: Gallagher v Ardonagh
- Blog: Future-proof professional indemnity
- UK Broker Awards open for entries