Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) has agreed to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group (JLT) for $5.6bn (£4.3bn) in cash.
The deal will be funded by MMC’s existing cash and debt financing.
The takeover has been approved by the board of directors for both businesses.
MMC confirmed that the acquisition will go through a scheme of arrangement in the UK courts and is expected to close in spring 2019.
It will need regulatory and shareholder approval however the holders of some 40.5% of JLT’s equity have
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Blog: The DNA of brokers is changing