Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) has agreed to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group (JLT) for $5.6bn (£4.3bn) in cash.
The deal will be funded by MMC’s existing cash and debt financing.
The takeover has been approved by the board of directors for both businesses.
MMC confirmed that the acquisition will go through a scheme of arrangement in the UK courts and is expected to close in spring 2019.
It will need regulatory and shareholder approval however the holders of some 40.5% of JLT’s equity have
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- GRP buys risk management firm H&S Click