The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) has launched the Society of Insurance Broking (SIB) as the first of its dedicated Societies, Insurance Age can reveal.
The organisation had previously committed to making the change and said the delivery was part of its manifesto commitment to become a more relevant and diverse professional body.
According to the CII, the objective of transitioning its faculty of insurance brokers into a Society is “to create a dedicated professional body for those
- Aviva grows mid-market appetite
- MRIB buys Independents
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- Unauthorised broker targets customers on Instagram
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- NMU in specialist line-led restructure