The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) has launched the Society of Insurance Broking (SIB) as the first of its dedicated Societies, Insurance Age can reveal.
The organisation had previously committed to making the change and said the delivery was part of its manifesto commitment to become a more relevant and diverse professional body.
According to the CII, the objective of transitioning its faculty of insurance brokers into a Society is “to create a dedicated professional body for those
- Nick Milton to develop Pen Underwriting’s broker strategy replacing Simon Taylor
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings
- Wonga's Tara Waite (formerly Kneafsey) returns to insurance with Ageas role
- PIB seeking to raise £100m - £200m to fund growth
- Tokio Marine Kiln’s Blundell joins Biba
- FCA warns brokers to be ready for SM&CR
- Brexit and customer fairness dominate FCA 2019/20 plans