The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) has declared broker Ignition Selection, which is currently in administration, to be in default.
Ignition Select, which was a car insurance broker based in Ipswich, collapsed in July 2017 with the loss of 70 jobs.
At the time it appointed Begbies Trainor as administrator.
A spokesperson for the FCSC explained that at this stage the organisation was unsure how many people had been affected by the collapse or how much it was likely to have to pay
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- US-firm AssuredPartners buys Hettle Andrews