Big, bold, punchy stories and headlines with immediate impact.
But it doesn’t always have to be that way. And as if to prove it the second most read story of last week was about something that doesn’t actually happen until 9 December 2019.
On that date brokers will come under the Senior Managers and Certification Regime.
In short SM&CR aims to:encourage a culture of staff at all levels taking personal responsibility for their actions make sure firms and staff clearly understand and can
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Ardonagh losses decrease for Q1