Big, bold, punchy stories and headlines with immediate impact.
But it doesn’t always have to be that way. And as if to prove it the second most read story of last week was about something that doesn’t actually happen until 9 December 2019.
On that date brokers will come under the Senior Managers and Certification Regime.
In short SM&CR aims to:encourage a culture of staff at all levels taking personal responsibility for their actions make sure firms and staff clearly understand and can dem
- Marsh & McLennan buys JLT in $5.6bn deal
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute