Aggregators should be prevented from offering quotes to small businesses, such as independent builders, roofers, plumber and electricians, according to construction broker Mark Herbert.
Herbert, the MD of Construction Insure, argued that half of all UK contracting firms do not have adequate insurance and that he believed use of price comparison sites had led to this shortfall.
He has now called for housing minister Dominic Raab MP to introduce legislation preventing price
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders