Aggregators should be prevented from offering quotes to small businesses, such as independent builders, roofers, plumber and electricians, according to construction broker Mark Herbert.
Herbert, the MD of Construction Insure, argued that half of all UK contracting firms do not have adequate insurance and that he believed use of price comparison sites had led to this shortfall.
He has now called for housing minister Dominic Raab MP to introduce legislation preventing price
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- In Person: Simon Cooter and Carolyn Callan, Covéa
- BGL launches new short-term motor insurance brand