I have been dismayed at reports that brokers do not believe software houses have done enough to innovate.
A survey a while back by the British Insurance Brokers Association found 44% of brokers believe this to the case.
Whilst I agree that the broker community is yet to fully embrace technology-based innovation, I think it is far too simplistic to place the blame at the door of software houses.
I think brokers would be surprised at just how much disruptive innovation is happening out there
- Opinion: Who would believe it? When unrated is “good”
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Ardonagh sells Direct Group’s claims business for £36m
- Applied Net 2018: Google takes minority stake in Applied
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- Tasker set to make acquisitions
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform