A lot of capital flows into the UK insurance industry every day from all over the world.
With gross premiums in the general insurance market nudging £60bn, that’s hardly surprising. And a lot of money comes and goes throughout the market cycle. New money arrives when a provider persuades investors that it can focus on gaps or niches that no one else has got their eyes on and provide a high rate of return.
If they are right it’s a win-win. If they are not, everyone loses, including their
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- GRP buys risk management firm H&S Click