A lot of capital flows into the UK insurance industry every day from all over the world.
With gross premiums in the general insurance market nudging £60bn, that’s hardly surprising. And a lot of money comes and goes throughout the market cycle. New money arrives when a provider persuades investors that it can focus on gaps or niches that no one else has got their eyes on and provide a high rate of return.
If they are right it’s a win-win. If they are not, everyone loses, including their polic
- Opinion: Who would believe it? When unrated is “good”
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Ardonagh sells Direct Group’s claims business for £36m
- Applied Net 2018: Google takes minority stake in Applied
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- Tasker set to make acquisitions
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform