HPS and co-investor MDP surprised the market last month buying Compass Network for an undisclosed sum.
To the independent observer the deal came out of the blue for two reasons. Firstly, Compass directors only undertook a management buy-out from Arthur J. Gallagher in 2016; and secondly, HPS and MDP already had a network on their books – namely Broker Network.
Jeremy Pace, CEO of Stoke-on-Trent broker Pace Ward, was notified of the HPS agreement at the recent Compass conference for members.
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- Market moves: Change is in the air
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years