HPS and co-investor MDP surprised the market last month buying Compass Network for an undisclosed sum.
To the independent observer the deal came out of the blue for two reasons. Firstly, Compass directors only undertook a management buy-out from Arthur J. Gallagher in 2016; and secondly, HPS and MDP already had a network on their books – namely Broker Network.
Jeremy Pace, CEO of Stoke-on-Trent broker Pace Ward, was notified of the HPS agreement at the recent Compass conference for members.
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aston Lark on cusp of £320m Goldman Sachs investment
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Biba will return to Manchester in 2020
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- FCA warns of clone MGA