It has been a busy year for the broking community and this has been reflected in the headlines.
So what were the top five stories in January as the insurance sector eased in to 2017?
5) Information and data have become an ever-present issue throughout 2017 as GDPR gets closer to implementation and issues to do with cyber security have grown in notoriety. The Information Commissioner’s fine is a sign how seriously regulator’s take the protection of personal data.
The ICO fines RSA £150,000
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- Vantage owner, NSM, buys UK motor MGA
- Covéa boss Simon Cooter to leave in 2019
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- Hyperion launches new technology division