It has been a busy year for the broking community and this has been reflected in the headlines.
So what were the top five stories in January as the insurance sector eased in to 2017?
5) Information and data have become an ever-present issue throughout 2017 as GDPR gets closer to implementation and issues to do with cyber security have grown in notoriety. The Information Commissioner’s fine is a sign how seriously regulator’s take the protection of personal data.
The ICO fines RSA £150,000
- Former Axa claims handler jailed for fraud
- GRP’s County Group buys Guardian in "first of many" deals
- Finch Insurance Brokers returns to profitable growth in 2017
- Trident switches from Open GI to Applied Systems
- Providers prepare for FCA affordability rule changes hitting premium finance
- Clear secures refinancing deal with ECI Partners
- SEIB looking for more deals after Equicover book buy