It has been a busy year for the broking community and this has been reflected in the headlines.
So what were the top five stories in January as the insurance sector eased in to 2017?
5) Information and data have become an ever-present issue throughout 2017 as GDPR gets closer to implementation and issues to do with cyber security have grown in notoriety. The Information Commissioner’s fine is a sign how seriously regulator’s take the protection of personal data.
The ICO fines RSA £150,000
- Broker Network buys Knighthood Corporate Assurance Services
- Carole Nash and Axa remain committed to Republic of Ireland bike market
- Biba signs Women in Finance Charter
- MCE blames Brexit as it pulls out of Republic of Ireland
- Markel stops writing London open market property
- GDPR: What do brokers need to know?
- Aston Lark buys Ingram Hawkins and Nock