The insurance market has questioned how Amazon could position itself in the sector following the news that the tech-giant is looking to employ insurance product managers in order to “disrupt” the market.
There was a mixed response to what they might do next. Some have speculated that Amazon could operate as a managing general agent (MGA) or broker, while others believed that the business may seek to embed insurance into the customer journey when products are purchased.
The plan was uncovered
Read the latest issue of Insurance Age here
- Insurance industry welcomes Ogden rate reform
- Pen Underwriting makes 11 redundant at Chelmsford office
- Lloyd’s slumps to £2bn loss for 2017
- Broker Network buys Knighthood Corporate Assurance Services
- Claimant lawyers hit out at government’s discount rate reform
- Discount rate reform unveiled by the government
- Trade credit insurer pay-outs at highest level since 2009