The insurance market has questioned how Amazon could position itself in the sector following the news that the tech-giant is looking to employ insurance product managers in order to “disrupt” the market.
There was a mixed response to what they might do next. Some have speculated that Amazon could operate as a managing general agent (MGA) or broker, while others believed that the business may seek to embed insurance into the customer journey when products are purchased.
The plan was uncovered
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- Covéa boss Simon Cooter to leave in 2019
- Vantage owner, NSM, buys UK motor MGA
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- Hyperion launches new technology division