Along with Brexit planning and data management, putting in place safeguards to protect vulnerable groups is one of the biggest challenges we as insurance brokers face today.
However, it can also be one of the most rewarding. This goes beyond regulation and into the realms of moral responsibility. It’s a case of treating people as you would like to be treated.
As a sector in the business of providing products which ‘protect’ we should be leading the way when it comes to looking after the intere
Read the latest issue of Insurance Age here
- Insurance industry welcomes Ogden rate reform
- Pen Underwriting makes 11 redundant at Chelmsford office
- Lloyd’s slumps to £2bn loss for 2017
- Broker Network buys Knighthood Corporate Assurance Services
- Claimant lawyers hit out at government’s discount rate reform
- Discount rate reform unveiled by the government
- Trade credit insurer pay-outs at highest level since 2009